Five destinations in Florida you can´t miss this summer
If you thought Florida was only about new cars, buildings with an ocean view and Caribbean restaurants, we are pleased to say; you´re wrong. The southeastern state has a large amount of interesting destinations well worth exploring, and we guarantee that you will not believe how amazing they are.
We have selected five incredible places you must visit this summer:
- Crystal clear Molasses Reef: is perfect for a little underwater adventure. At the bottom of this amazing coral reef lie the remains of a ship that sank in 1984 and now houses hundreds of marine species of striking colors, which makes diving and snorkeling the most recommended activities.
- The Ichetucknee Springs: the transparency of this river expands six miles long, where it connects with the Santa Fe River and in 1972 was declared a national park. The summer months are perfect for tubing, snorkeling and enjoying the exotic wildlife found in the place and even do a-picnic on the banks of the river. It is certainly an experience that you would enjoy with the family.
- Mount Dora: if you appreciate old-time architecture, you cannot miss Mount Dora and the chance to feel you´re walking around a movie set. This Victorian city has a unique urbanism of old houses and the only steam locomotive open to the public, so young Harry Potter has nothing on you.
- Crystal River: if Sea World seems dull for you, then a swim with the manatees may sound like the perfect plan for you. Crystal River is the only place in the US where this is a legal activity, so if you love nature, this summer will be a destination that will remain in your memory forever.
- Sebastian Inlet: you don´t have to be an expert to delight in fishing, but if you are, even better. You can enjoy a ride on a fishing boat and learn the basics of this activity. Note to self: keep your camera handy.