Toyota showcases cutting edge technologies at Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas
Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show
Located in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, Toyota’s International Consumer Electronics Show display showcases the future of automated technologies. These new concepts may be coming to Toyota vehicles in the near future. Some of the advanced technologies on display include:
- Agent+ is a connected service system that uses driving history, time of day, and location to predict destinations and help guide the driver there efficiently.
- Scale model Prius vehicles learn from each other and share information in a model demonstrating real time artificial intelligence that creates a safe driving environment.
- The TOYOTA Smart Center connects vehicles, people, and communities. A Smart Mobility Society uses information from a private cloud-based computing system that analyzes information collected from millions of vehicles all over the world.
- The Mobility Teammate Concept uses automated driving technologies to enhance safety without sacrificing the fun driving experience. Toyota has over 20 years of research and development dedicated to automated driving technologies.
- Showcasing Toyota’s vision of hydrogen fuel cell technologies, the Toyota FCV Plus concept vehicle generates electricity from hydrogen stored outside of the vehicle making it ideal for use anywhere.
- To demonstrate the beauty of its machinery, the Toyota Kikai brings the normally hidden parts of a vehicle out for display.
“At Toyota, we see the vehicle of the future as more than just a mode of transportation. Instead, it will be something more useful, accessible and exciting than ever before. These next generation connected and automated vehicles will optimize their own operational capabilities and deliver comfort, convenience and joy to passengers – and they’ll be arriving sooner than you think.” – Bob Carter, senior vice president of automotive operations for Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A. Inc.
Mobility: The future
The future of mobility will be safer, cleaner, and more convenient without sacrificing style, creativity, and fun according to Toyota’s research and development team. Zero-emissions technologies are just a small part of a future where vehicles do not require constant care, and they also do a wonderful job of taking care of their drivers.
To experience Toyota’s current technology first hand, please visit us at South Dade Toyota of Homestead or contact us to schedule a test drive.