Toyota Strives to Make a Difference
Toyota believes in taking steps to make our world a cleaner place to live by limiting the environmental impact they have on the planet. They are very serious about making a difference and it shows through the many Energy Star Sustained Excellence awards they have received. Several of their plants have also received Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design or LEED certifications, awarded by The United States Green Building Council.
Below are some of the ways they are making a difference:
- Toyotas are some of the most fuel efficient vehicles on the road
- They manufacture some of the most popular hybrids on the market
- They use recyclable products to eliminate waste in their manufacturing plants
- They’re manufacturing plants have taken steps to reduce energy usage and conserve water
Every year Toyota strives to make a difference by finding new, innovated ways to make their manufacturing plants more eco-friendly and to create more energy efficient vehicles.
Why Toyota Strives to Make a Difference
Gasoline fueled automobiles release harmful gasses such as carbon monoxide into the air and the manufacturing plants use large amounts of energy and water. These gases are toxic and they do pose a health concern for everyone. They can affect your respiratory system and cause serious breathing conditions along with other medical problems. Other gases like sulfur and nitrogen oxides can create acid rain and carbon dioxide is associated with global warming.
Everyone knows that the pollution caused by automobiles is a big problem but eliminating them is not an option. We rely on vehicles for everything from transporting food to getting to and from work. Therefore, Toyota has taken a stand and made a commitment to do all they can to help reduce pollution and conserve energy and water during the manufacturing process.
How You Can Help Toyota Make a Difference
When big corporations take a stand to reduce the environmental impact they leave on the planet, it makes a big difference but you can help, too. You can do many things to make the planet a little greener every day when traveling to and from your destinations.
Reduce the impact your driving has on the environment with these tips:
- Keep your Toyota in good shape by having it serviced regularly. You can schedule an appointment with our Toyota service center to make sure it’s in tip-top shape.
- Carpool, use public transportation or walk when you can instead of driving to reduce the amount of fuel you consume.
- Obey the speed limit, use cruise control when possible and don’t drive aggressively or start and stop suddenly.
- Check your tire pressure regularly to avoid over or under inflated tires that can increase the amount of fuel you consume.
- Don’t crank your vehicle until you are ready to drive to avoid wasting fuel while it just sits and idles.
Making the world a better place by reducing pollution is a team effort and everyone can do something to contribute. While you can’t make as big of an impact as a large corporation like Toyota can, every little bit adds up and together everyone can make the world a cleaner place to live.